Primary Health Care Unit
The hospital districts of Southwest Finland and Satakunta have a joint primary health care unit.
We support municipalities in the development of primary health care by the means of education, co-operation and research. We also assist in compiling the plan for health care systems, which is based on the monitoring data and the people's need for services in the area.
We are responsible for assessing the need for personnel. We co-ordinate specialised and primary health care, and when applicable, social welfare work as well.
There are seven main processes in the unit
- Supporting the organisation plan
- Monitoring the public health records
- Treatment and rehabilitation chains
- Supporting continuing education
- Supporting research and development
- Assessing the need for personnel in health care
- Supporting specialised health care education of general medicine in Satakunta.