Dental Emergency ServicesAddress
Tyks, T-hospital joint emergency services
Savitehtaankatu 1, TurkuMap
Practice open on Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays. You can seek treatment from the dental emergency services by scheduling an appointment by calling 02 3131 564 on the same day 9 am to 10:30 am.
Outside office hours you can receive counselling regarding acute illnesses from the T-hospital phone counselling, 02 313 8800.
Oral Health Care Units, which often are co-located with health centres, organise their own area's residents' dental emergency needs outside our office hours.
When should I seek dental emergency care?
The dental emergency services of the hospital district are intended to be used by patients who require urgent dental and mouth care.
Qualifying for treatment requires, for example:
- intense pain in the dental and mouth area
- acute swelling or inflammation
- injuries and accidents of the teeth, mouth, mucous membrane and jaw area
- general symptoms related to dental and mouth diseases (e.g. fever)
- post-operative complications after dental operations (e.g. bleeding)
Patients who do not meet these criteria are directed to seek treatment elsewhere. For example a common tooth or filling chipping does not require emergency care.