We treat the diseases of the upper gastrointestinal tract and the organs related to it, such as liver, pancreas and spleen and the diseases of the lower gastrointestinal tract, such as diseases of the large intestine and rectum.
You need a doctor's referral to be admitted. In addition, we treat emergency patients and patients from other wards of the regional hospitals.
Our ward is on duty 24 hours a day.
A daily inpatient fee or a clinic fee is collected from the treatment. See client fees.
1 pm to 6:30 pm
Nurse contact information
Treatment planner, tel. 02 313 5062 and 02 313 0033
- the surgical treatment of gastrointestinal tract cancer in close co-operation with the oncological outpatient ward
- surgical diseases of the gastrointestinal tract, including radio frequency treatment of changes in the mucous membrane
- difficult ERCP procedures
- obesity surgery and extensive research co-operation with two other units and the PET centre and internal medicine physicians of our own hospital
- treatment of functional difficulties of bowel movement
There are 25 beds in our ward.
The patient rooms are single and double rooms. Every room has a toilet and a shower. The rooms also have a TV, a phone and a locker for each patient.
The use of your own phone and computer is permitted, but we remind you that the hospital is not responsible for any damages to your property.
User info required for the use of our internet connection can be enquired from our staff.
People in charge:
Deputy head physician Jukka Karvonen
- Risto Gullichsen is in charge of upper GI tract operations
- Pirita Varpe is in charge of lower GI tract operations
Head nurse Outi Keränen
We are part of the Tyks operational division of the Department of Digestive Surgery and Urology.