We provide psychological services to the following Tyks units
- pain clinic
- hearing centre
- ear, nose and throat inpatient ward
- department of oral and maxillofacial diseases
- department of ophthalmology (eye diseases)
- Paimio hospital rehabilitation ward
- rehabilitative examinations outpatient clinic
- neurological outpatient clinics and wards
- paediatric neurology outpatient clinics and wards
We admit patients by a doctor's referral or from different branches
on the initiative of the interprofessional work group.
Clinical studies are subject to a clinic fee. Psychological services at inpatient wards are included in the daily inpatient fee.
Our services include
- treatment of chronic pain
- rehabilitation of hard-of-hearing children and adults
- psychosocial support of oncological patients
- diagnostics and rehabilitation of neuropsychological patients
- diagnostics and rehabilitation of paediatric neuropsychological patients
Psychologists are health care professionals licensed by The National Authority for Medicolegal Affairs, who work as experts in their field and as a part of multiprofessional specialised care. The work of a psychologist includes assessments relating to the diagnosis of the condition, ability to function and work and the necessary support and rehabilitative measures, procedures supporting the rehabilitation and adjustment to the condition of the patient and his/her family and different educational and expert duties.
We are a part of the Tyks expert services.