The goal of occupational therapy is to enable the essential functions of the patient's daily life, taking into account functional restrictions and the obstacles of the environment. These issues appear commonly in everyday life, for example problems with dressing, cooking or coping in working life. We serve the patients of Tyks inpatient wards as a part of the interprofessional work group, and we offer our occupational therapy services by appointment as well.
You need a doctor's referral to be admitted.
Our services include
- The assessment of the patient's ability to function and planning therapy.
- Enhancing the patient's functional ability to take care of him/herself, to perform chores at home and to cope in working and recreational life.
- Backing up the motoric, procedural and social skills of the patient.
- Enhancing the sensory, motoric and cognitive readiness of the patient.
- Assessing the playing methods in paediatric occupational therapy.
- Assessing the need for upper limb orthoses, fitting orthoses, manufacturing individual orthoses and teaching and monitoring their usage.
- Assessing the need for assistive devices, fitting the assistive devices and teaching and monitoring their usage.
- Assessing the need for occupational therapy after a hospital stay in Tyks and compiling recommendations or referrals to follow-up therapy
A clinic fee or a continuing treatment fee is collected from our patients.
Occupational therapists work at the Main Hospital area of Tyks in hospitals A-, T & U, at the Assistive Technology Centre, the Surgical Hospital and the Kaskenlinna Hospital. You can check the more accurate street address from our ward secretary when arriving for a planned outpatient visit.