Web Content Accessibility Statement
This accessibility statement applies to www.vsshp.fi. This report was prepared on September 22, 2020 and updated June 24, 2021.
The Hospital District of Southwest Finland strives to guarantee the accessibility of the vsshp.fi website in accordance with Finnish national legislation. The accessibility of the vsshp.fi website has been assessed by an external expert organization (Siteimprove Oy).
Digital service accessibility status
The website partially complies with the legal requirements for WCAG 2.1 levels A and AA. The critical accessibility requirements are met, except for the following identified deficiencies:
- The field for writing your own message in the chat is not technically named and does not have a visible name tag. (WCAG: 3.3.2)
Other significant accessibility shortcomings:
- A message written by a chat client server is not automatically redirected to a screen reader. (WCAG: 3.4.3)
- The beginning of a chat section is not marked in HTML code with a title, landmark, or other programmatically accessible way. (WCAG: 1.3.1)
- The site contains links that open a new tab or move the user to another service, but the user will not be notified before activating the link. The site also has links to open PDF documents without prior notice. (WCAG: 3.2.4)
- In the Swedish and English versions of the site, the language of the alternative texts in the content images does not fully correspond to the language version selected by the user. (WCAG: 1.1.1)
The above shortcomings will be addressed during 2021–2022.
At the time of writing, vsshp.fi has more than 4,000 attachments (PDF, Word, Excel or PowerPoint). About a quarter of these have been published since September 23, 2018 and are thus covered by legislation, and should be accessible. Not all files have been reproduced in an accessible format, but work to fix the attachments is ongoing.
Improvements are also promised in the contrast deficiencies of both the site's user interface and content, and the text legends of infographics and maps.
The site uses frames with an embedded YouTube video player. The video player itself has accessibility shortcomings, such as title hierarchy and contrast issues. As a result, the video player does not currently meet the requirements of the Accessibility Act.
Not covered by legislation
- Content published on the site by users or third parties that is not produced, funded or controlled by the Service Provider itself.
- Links from the vsshp.fi website.
- Office program files (eg doc, pdf) published before September 23, 2018.
- Video or audio recordings released before September 23, 2020.
Did you notice a lack of accessibility in our digital service? Let us know and we will do our best to fill the gap
If you notice accessibility issues with the site, first provide feedback to us, the webmaster. You will receive an answer within 14 days.
You can give accessibility feedback with this online form or by e-mail to verkkotoimitus(a)tyks.fi.
Help with the site is also available by phone on 050 414 2072 or 050 573 9911. We aim to answer calls on weekdays from 9 am to 3 pm.
If you are not satisfied with the answer you have received or do not receive a reply at all within two weeks, you can report it to the Regional State Administrative Agency of Southern Finland. The website of the Regional State Administrative Agency of Southern Finland explains in detail (in Finnish) how the notification can be made and how the matter is handled.
Contact details of the Authority
Saavutettavuuden valvonnan yksikkö
tel. 0295 016 000
We are constantly working to improve accessibility
The vsshp.fi website was published on August 29, 2014, so the accessibility requirements for it are valid from September 23, 2020.
We are committed to improving the accessibility of digital services. Accessibility of our services and equal treatment of citizens is very important to us in the hospital district. Between 2019 and 2020, we have worked to improve the technical and content accessibility of the site; testing, technical fixes, and review of textual content, images, and attachments. We have also trained our staff to produce accessible content. Repairs and training are still ongoing.
However, the vsshp.fi website does not yet fully comply with the accessibility criteria. The accessibility issues mentioned on this page are being fixed to the extent reasonably possible with our current, relatively old publishing system.
We are about to launch a website renovation in the near future. It aims to build a new and modern web service, and one of the cornerstones of the design is the best possible accessibility. The new, accessible website is scheduled for launch in spring 2023 at the latest.