We treat patients requiring specialised gynaecological treatment in our ward. Our ward is part of Tyks Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology.
We treat both general gynaecology and gynaecological cancer patients. Most of our patients come here either for planned surgery or for other treatments/examination. However, our ward's operations are very on-call in nature.
An emergency gynaecological clinic is operated in our ward 24 hours a day. Emergency patients are admitted via a health centre, joint emergency services or other operational branches of Turku University Hospital by referral. At the emergency clinic, we treat emergencies of early pregnancy until pregnancy week 20. After that point, emergencies related to pregnancy will be treated at the labour services.
appointments and hospital stays are subject to a daily inpatient
fee, a clinic fee, a day surgical fee or a continuing treatment fee, depending
on the form of treatment. See
Every day from 4 pm to 7 pm. At other times, the visits must be agreed upon separately with the health care personnel.
Our ward has six single rooms for patients requiring isolated treatment and six two person rooms. Every room has lockers as well as a shower and toilet facilities.
Our ward has a common day room.
Good to know
- You will receive hospital clothes and personal hygiene supplies from the ward, but you can also bring your own.
- Using a phone in the ward is permitted. It is a good idea to keep your phone in silent mode so that it does not disturb potential roommates.
- Our ward employs practical nurses, nurses’ aides, registered nurses, midwives, institutional cleaners, a secretary and doctors. Some surgical patients will also meet a physiotherapist after the surgery. We also work closely with other units and their employees.
- If necessary, we will arrange discussion assistance in the ward in crisis situations through our crisis workers.
- We are a teaching hospital. Both nursing and medical students participate in the treatment under the guidance and supervision of a professional.
People in charge:
Head of department, Pia Heinonen, MD (gynecological treatment)
Head of department, docent Sakari Hietanen (gynecological cancer treatment)
Head nurse Marketta Saloniemi, tel. 02 313 1309
Assistant head nurse Piritta Hornaeus, tel. 02 313 1338
We are a part of the Tyks operational division of
the Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology.