We provide consultancy services for the healthcare professionals in the field of traffic medicine. Submissions can be sent either by mail or by e-mail directly to the patient recoding system.
The purpose of this service is to support basic and occupational healthcare providers in situations where it is difficult to assess a driving license for health reasons.
The basic instructions and frequently asked questions on these pages will help you start your customer evaluation in your office.
References to the clinic
After the patient's basic assessment, the physician can prepare a referral to the clinic in accordance with the instructions below.
Getting Started (in Finnish)
Requests for inspections or consultations may be submitted electronically if the party concerned is connected to the hospital's patient’s electronic file system. Always consultations gets corresponds to a specialist in traffic medicine.
We use safemail tyopkl(a)turvaposti.fi
This mail allows you to send patient data safely in the form of electronic files. You can also send us an encrypted email with a web form.
Please send us a password using a security e-mail by calling or sending a text message (SMS) to 050 388 6380.
Through customer approval, documents are sent to designated recipients.
Criteria for referral
- Cases with multidisciplinary problems, in other words problems that one specialized clinic cannot solve; If the problem is related to one particular area, send the patient directly to that specialty, eg sleep apnea suspected of the lung disease clinic.
- Assessment of the need for further studies.
- To get an expert opinion on the decision of a physician pending. This can be done through consultation of a dossier or when dealing with a matter for an expert working group.
- Driving license changes or disputes here
- Clients living in municipalities outside the hospital district (the clinic directs clients either to inquiries or to an expert meeting).
- Requests by certain authorities.
Normal reception. Includes up to 60 minutes of medical work, nursing examinations and basic assessments or delivery of results by telephone or personally to the clinic.
Demanding reception. Visit takes a minimum of 90 to 120 minutes of medical work, specialist medical examinations, 1-2 specialist consultations, submission of supplementary inquiries and ordering of documents.
Multidisciplinary team. Approaching the meeting, ordering documents, 5-8 specialists (including a specialist in traffic medicine) and a written statement.
Written consultation. Written answer from a specialist in traffic medicine to a doctor's question.
The customer's home city is billed for these visits.
Usually it is the referring party that is the payer. The referring party may be one of the open care clinics of the Hospital District of Southwest Finland, a health care centre, an occupational health clinic, a private physician or a resident outside the catchment area of the Clinic.
The costs for examinations of professional drivers are covered by the person's municipality of domicile. Persons living outside the specific catchment area of the Clinic need to have a commitment of expenditure issued by the health care centre of the person's municipality of domicile. Commitments of expenditure from the person's employer or insurance company are also accepted.
Commitments of expenditure from the person's employer or insurance company are also accepted.