We offer clinical genetics services to the people in the hospital districts of Southwest Finland, Satakunta, Vaasa and Åland.
Our patients include
- patients who suffer or are suspected to suffer from hereditary diseases and their relatives, including family members considering predictive genetic testing
- patients and their relatives belonging to families with suspicion of hereditary cancer
- patients with congenital anomalies or syndromes
- pregnant mothers with abnormal results in foetal studies
- couples planning pregnancy, who are worried about the health of their children
You need a doctor's referral to be admitted. In special cases (e.g. when family members have previously been diagnosed and counselled at our department) the patient can contact the ward him/herself. We also offer consultation by letter or telephone.
Expertise and competence
We perform scientific research in co-operation with the Department of Medical Genetics of Turku university, different wards of Tyks and other medical genetics units in the country. Some projects include foreign collaborators.
People in charge
Head physician Jaakko Ignatius, tel. 050 465 4006
We are part of the Tyks Operational Division of Medicine.