We treat children with asthma, allergy or other lung diseases.
We admit patients by a doctor's referral. Visits are subject to a clinic fee.
Patients suffering from moderately difficult and difficult symptoms of asthma and allergy from different municipalities visit our ward. The referring doctor can also request follow-up visits at Tyks, but organise other visits at the patient's local health centre. We perform specialised studies, such as
- oscillometry (measuring lung function in small children)
- metacholine challenge test (measuring the contraction frequency of the airways)
- double blind food challenge test
- medication challenge test
- injections and food hyposensitisation (milk, eggs and wheat)
- Eucapnic Voluntary Hyperventilation (EVH) study that studies stress-induced breathing difficulties when the normal stress test results are negative
People in charge:
Head of section Harri Niinikoski
Head nurse Marianne Lövgren, tel. 02 313 2615
We are a part of the Tyks operational division of the Department of Paediatrics and Adolescent Medicine.