The Ethics Committee
- assesses the ethics of healthcare science research projects of humans, human embryos and foetuses and the observance of the law in these researches
- gives statements about their assessments to the applicant
Researches that require to be processed by the Ethics Committee are defined in the Medical Research Act.
In addition, the committee is legally bound to issue statements by the Biobank Act and Act of the Medical Use of Human Organs and Tissues.
Meetings and deadlines (in Finnish)
ICH GCP Compliance Statement
- Medical Expert Tiina Varis, tel. 02 313 5010
- Secretary Aila Hinkkanen, tel. 02 313 0047
- Timo Juhola, tel. 050 409 9182 (data privacy and other juridical things)
Statement applications and other documents are sent to the address
Secretary of the Ethics Committee
Hospital District of Southwest Finland
PO Box 52
Visiting address: Tyks, U-hospital, entrance 3A, 3rd floor, first room next to the corridor UA3A
E-mail address: eettinen.toimikunta(at)tyks.fi or firstname.lastname(at)tyks.fi
The activity of the Ethics Committee of the Hospital District of Southwest Finland covers all of the expert responsibility area of Tyks.